We are extremely proud of our property, and it’s such a delight to have our guests appreciate their stay as much as we like offering it to them:
Mudgee’s Getaway Cottages really does have something for everyone; but if you wont take our word for it, take a look at some of these fantastic reviews.
- Our family of 39 stayed at Mudgee’s Getaway Cottages for the 2nd year in a row. My 3 kids said it was a 10 out of 10 and couldn’t believe I had not taken them there sooner! I absolutely recommend this so highly. The kids collect fresh eggs for breakfast. There are beautiful vegetable gardens you can help yourself to make delicious salads. There are rabbits, guinea pigs, a Shetlan Pony and even an Ostrich as well as mini golf. Plus it is only a couple of blocks to town where you can find delicious coffee!
- Thank you for an amazing time. Farmer Jenny is great and the farm is fantastic, my daughter couldn’t wait to wake up in the morning and run down to the baby rabbits for a cuddle. The accommodation was clean and lovely and the yummy breakfast stuff was a treat thanks again we will be back.
- This is the Place to Stay in Mudgee. Choose your Cottage & Book a few nights. You Won’t be Disappointed. Exceptional Facilities, Outstanding Service & Glorious Views.
- This is a absolutely beautiful place to come and stay . So well set out and equipped that you want for nothing . The rooms are comforting and charming , the fresh veggies out the garden a delight , and surroundings just beautiful .
- Highly recommend .A real treat. Highly recommended for a relaxing country getaway.
- Ellington Manor what can I say other than AMAZING…! We got ready for our wedding at the manor, everything was amazing from the location to the customer service!
Thank you for being part of our day.
- Having read all the other tributes to your very thoughtful & high standards, may we add our own bouquet (of heather & bluebells!) to you abuiaus genorosity of spirit!
Well done Australia – Mudgee well be forever in our thoughts, you are marvellous ambassadors for your wonderful country! Thank you.
- We wish to thank you and congratulate you on the way you have set up and established ‘Mudgee’s Getaway’. All the extra touches made our stay in Mudgee so very comfortable – a ‘Home away from home’.
- It’s the little things that make the difference between good and great.This has been a great place to stay. We wish you all the best with your venture, because if being professional counts, this leaves most places for dead!
- Very tranquil, relaxing – the perfect place to unwind! Loved the animals.
- Your house is like a great Mudgee wine. It feels good. It’s good for the body & mind & is wonderful for the soul. I’m so pleased we found you & your house. We will be back. Many thanks Elizabeth
- I’m running out of words, it’s enough to say that this is our 3rd visit. Thanks
- Easily exceeded our expectations by far. A most delightful & enjoyable spot in wonderful surroundings. Probably among the best accommodation we have ever had. It complemented & made our enjoyment of the district’s attractions complete.
- Just as peaceful & beautiful as the first time. See you again.
- Thank you for making our holiday in Mudgee such a memorable one. To say we were quite overcome when we arrived and saw Mudgee’s Getaway, was not an exaggeration. Everything was provided and in such excellent taste.
- A lovely place to stay, beautiful gardens & so relaxing & a very lovely home. I felt like I was in paradise for a day.
- Why would you stay anywhere else!! Wonderful.
- What a wonderful surprise to find such an oasis during this little tour. Only wish we had made this our first stop instead of our last. Thank you Elizabeth, for all the thought put into making our stay so very perfect. Hope to see you again soon, after all we only saw two vineyards!
- Arrived to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary – ours. Looked through house – looked out at the view – unanimous decision – we’re never going home.
- My son’s first words were “This place rocks Mum”. That is quite a compliment. Will be back with the rest of the family, lovely spot.
- We were very pleased to find such a warm homely place when we arrived on a cold & wet night. The games provided for a potentially wet weekend were very much appreciated too. We love all the tasteful finishing touches & were certainly extremely comfortable in this lovely house & its surrounds. We will definitely be back.
- Private – spacious – peaceful – convenient truly describe this lovely place. I have traveled widely I have never come across anyone so caring. God Bless you
- A really fabulous four days in such a lovely setting. A jewel to behold & enjoy, what more can I say. I’m lost for words! My heartfelt thanks to you Elizabeth
- Thanks for a great weekend, what a wonderful place to relax and unwind, with everything you could possibly want and need. We will definitely be back, to “Mudgee Getaway”. After numerous trips to Mudgee, we have finally found our ideal destination; full of charm, warmth and comfort. Thanks for everything.
- Excellent accommodation, superb location. We look forward to coming back again.
- I love this place. I only wish I could take home the bed and all the pillows in my room. I hope to come up with my family very soon.
- A bit like Qld – beautiful the first visit – perfect the next!!
- A real touch of class!! Elizabeth, this is the best equipped home and cleanest we have seen!
- We are going to have to be dragged out kicking & screaming – do you take bookings two years in advance? Idyllic spot. Can think of a group of friends who’d love it too – getting the airplane flights would be the tricky bit, ever considered transporting it to the UK?
- Nick (age 11) It was the best. I am going to con my parents into coming back!!!
- We made our way to Mudgee wondering what may be in store for us – being our first time in this delightful area. We found immediately that there was nothing to worry about. We can only endorse what others have had to write about. A wonderful house, a wonderful outlook – just a wonderful 48 hours. Thanks & thanks again.
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, once again, at Mudgee Getaway. It’s a very peaceful & relaxing part of the world to stay. Accommodation as comfortable as always and the fridge bulging with goodies. Thank you!!
- The wedding was great, the accommodation first class and a fun time was had by all. I was the Bride. I couldn’t have thought of a more beautiful place to have in preparing for my ‘special day’. Thank you.
- We have stayed in numerous places in Mudgee and the Mudgee Getaway would have to be the most well equipped & comfortable. We had a wonderful time!
- Wow!! What can I say. Fabulous house, great views. After a wonderful day around the wineries it was great to come back to a spacious warm house & relax. The house is a credit to you Elizabeth. Thanks for the great week-end.
- Thank you for a very comfortable & relaxing getaway.
Refreshed and back to the hard slog.
- It may be our third visit to the “Getaway” made in heaven but it never ceases to amaze us how truly relaxing and well managed this home is. You certainly make everyone’s visit a welcome one.
- Wish I could look at the view from my kitchen window every day.
- We have really enjoyed our stay. It’s so nice to relax and unwind from city life. Fantastic cottage, with all great facilities and a peaceful garden.
- What a truly comfortable (the beds are great) and glorious spot here in the heart of Mudgee. We need not have brought a thing (we’ll know for next time) and the children had a terrific time. The serenity was fantastic. Just like Bonnie Doon back at home.
- An experience which we will be relating to all & sundry in the coming weeks. Our stay was relaxing in an atmosphere that is unsurpassed. Your guesthouse has ‘topped off’ our holiday in a way that will ensure our return sometime in the future.
- I loved it here, and will be back. A rich & warm & relaxing experience. Found heaven. What a place, beautiful, lovely. Horse Ducks, Alpacas, Turkeys, Chooks. Highly recommended place. All the hard work put into this place has certainly paid off.
- I have been to a lot of towns but your cottage has been the ‘absolute best’ Congratulations.
- I could spend my time just sitting in the garden. Wish I could transport your ‘haven’ back home to Bankstown with me or bring my 3 daughters, 4 g’daughters & 1 g’son up here. The kids & my son-in-laws would be ecstatic.
- Good food, good wine, great friends, great location. What more could we ask for except a marriage proposal! What a weekend.